Friday, May 4, 2012

Pink Grapefruit: What Color are Shadows



Pink Grapefruit: What Color are Shadows

 Hello!  I guess everyone has days when nothing goes right; today I‘m having one of those days, painting shadows are something that just tears me up. 
I have been frustrated with trying to paint shadows in this pink grapefruit and I’m never sure about how they bend when they are reflected on a wall and if the values are right.

If you are having problems with painting shadows or want to know more about how to paint shadows here is a link that may help you, the “Old Masters” knows best!    http://painting.about.com/od/colourtheory/a/shadows_Impress.htm

If you are just starting to draw or create art, please COMMENT on this blog and tell me your story…add your 2 cents worth, (:>) If I can answer questions I will do my best to answer. : >0). I may have a link to information that you cold use.

I would like to invite you to "Follow" my art blog and click on the word follow. 
·                                  www.blogger.com/profile/08080684525175847739

You may view and purchase my art work at: http://dessie-h-durham-.artistwebsites.com

I will see you again soon. Thank you, Dessie











2 comments:

  1. I don't know if that was a question. But the shadow is a darker value of the same color.I had that problenm when I started doing art in color 4 years ago.So if the wall is orange you need like maroon for the shadow. i am not sure of the name but a darker orange.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Elena, I thanks for your suggestion, I made some changes and I am happier with the image. Dessie

    ReplyDelete